Welcome to my therapy practice, where we focus on healing the body, mind, and spirit. I believe that everyone deserves access to therapy and the opportunity to make sense of the challenges they are facing. As a client-centered and trauma-informed therapist, I work collaboratively with my clients to identify their strengths and goals for therapy.
Trauma is not just a mental health issue
- Trauma can have physical effects on the body, including chronic pain, autoimmune disorders, and digestive problems.
- Trauma can also affect brain development, leading to issues with emotional regulation, memory, and self-perception.
Traditional talk therapy may not be effective for trauma
- Trauma is often stored in the body, so somatic therapies that address the physical sensations associated with trauma can be more effective than talk therapy alone.
- Treatment may involve a combination of different therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, EMDR, and mindfulness practices.
Mindfulness can be a powerful tool for healing
- Mindfulness practices can help individuals develop a sense of safety and presence in the moment, which is crucial for healing from trauma.
- Practices like yoga, meditation, and deep breathing can help regulate the nervous system and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Social support is crucial for healing from trauma
- Trauma can be isolating, so connecting with others who have similar experiences can be validating and healing.
- Building relationships with supportive people can help individuals develop a sense of safety and trust, which is essential for healing from trauma.
Healing is a journey
- Healing from trauma is not a linear process and may involve setbacks and relapses.
- Individuals may need to experiment with different types of therapies and approaches to find what works best for them.
To provide the most effective treatment, I use an integrative approach that combines research-based therapies. These approaches include IFS, EMDR, and somatic bodywork techniques such as visualization and meditation. I have found these methods particularly effective in treating trauma and mental health concerns. At times, additional modalities like SFBT, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, and CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are also useful. I tailor a comprehensive treatment plan to each client's unique needs.
I encourage you to take the first step toward healing today by reaching out to me. You are worth the time and effort it takes to invest in your well-being.